Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Number Between One and Ten

A Number Between One and Ten

I hate that game,
I hate that you HAVE to guess 1 through 10
I have always chosen 8, because it usually wins
I despise how nostalgic everyone thinks it is
I sit here and think
"can't we just flip a coin?
Draw straws?
Do we HAVE to pick numbers?"
We HAVE t pick numbers though
it's so inhuman it really is
how sad that we are defined by numbers
"1,2,3,4"
that's all you are
"Number 4 is not close enough to the one I was thinking"
"5,6,7,8"
Sorry neither was 6
"9, 10"
"it was 2 so andy you get to go first"
That always irritated me
How the number you chose was always wrong
always
I hate that game
Since when did life become so simple
that 1 through 10 could solve all of our problems
we don't have to make decisions
just choose a number
its just a number, don't be rash
I'll be rash if i want to!
Why do we have to teach our young to be indecisive
Isn't that how the world gets into trouble
because no one can make a decision?
Unfortunately the world is not nostalgic enough
to use the 1 through 10 system
instead we do this:
"should we send 1 million soldiers or 10?"
"Why don't we just pick a number between 1 and 10"
"there lives don't matter, they are pawns"
we are all pawns...
all because no one can make the right decisions
at the right time.
I hate that game
But we all do it, don't we?
we all play that over bearing game every day.
I like flipping coins
because the number only goes up to 2
that's better.
two is better than ten

22/12/08 23:56

No comments: